Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Second Doctor!


Well here is the second picture of my Doctor Who collection of who else? The second Doctor, Patrick Troughton. I have to confess in that I have only seen a handful of episodes with Patrick Troughton, so I'm kinda hard pressed to have a distinct opinion of the character. The second Doctor was more whimsical and elvish that the first as well as younger. He often played the recorder and would shout,"oh my giddy aunt!" He would whine when the other Doctor wouldn't. His haircut resembled one of the Beatles.
I don't have much more to say about the second Doctor, so I'll talk about my illustration that I did of him. I experimented here and decided to do the pic entirely in black and white with an outer space background I had found online. I kind of wish I would have done what I had previously with Doctor Who #1 and had the character be in black and white and the background in color to make it "pop" a bit more. I feel it showed it in the number of views on my deviantart page, but art is all about experimentation!
Next time will be my drawing of Jon Pertwee aka the third Doctor Who.

Cheers!
Stephen Whitener
Monster Island Studios

1 comment:

  1. THE 2ND DOCTOR RESEMBLES ONE OF THE THREE STOOGES IMHO.

    ReplyDelete