Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Monday, May 9, 2011

Old school needs to come back!!

Hey kids it's the bearded geek Stephen here with another entertaining blog about nothing! Without further ado let's begin.....


I can appreciate new tech and gadgets as much as the next person,but frankly I miss some things from the past that are all but gone. Number one would be LP's or "records" to the newbie or those born after 1990. I always liked when you would open an album and it would have great artwork and the lyrics for the songs listed. Also sometimes included would be liner notes from the artist. It just gave it that more personal touch that you can't possibly get with digital downloads.
Another thing I truly miss is classic 2-D gaming. I love games like God of War and Doom, but I never had a better time playing games as when I did on the Nintendo 8 bit and Sega Genesis game systems. Games such as Sonic the Hedgehog,Super Mario Broths. and even Ms Pac-Man have longevity and staying power even 20,30 years now that has passed. Can you say that GTA will be looked on as fondly a decade or more from now? I don't think so!
I would love to see a 2-D game system developed that has todays beautiful graphics, but yesterdays gameplay. Look at the recent release of "Mortal Kombat" they returned to 2-D, but with a modern graphic overhaul. The game is great by the way! Another recent game "Zombies vs Plants" is simple and 2-D, yet it is one of the most addicting games I have played in recent memory.
So this has been my wish list of things of yesteryear to return. There are things that I hope never return: VHS tapes,cassette tapes,and floppy disks


Cheers
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment