Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Friday, November 19, 2010

What a long strange trip it's been....

Damn if it isn't cold outside! Brrrr.... Anywho I haven't blogged for quite awhile and since the baby is napping, thought now would be a golden opportunity. I know a lot of people remark," this isn't the life I ordered" I agree with them certainely on some accounts. I have a fantastic daughter that I couldn't love more and I have a set of great friends that I couldn't imagine my life without. For that I am forever thankful. I remember being 16-17 years old and figuring that by the time I was 24-25 I would have a great career in the art field and that I would be married by now. Well here I am at 35. Don't have a great art career, but that is what life hands you sometimes. I have had several false starts (i.e people wanting to be partners,offering me work and then backing out or not paying me-fuckers!)
I thought a couple years back I had found my soul mate and the person I was going to marry and spend the rest of my days with, but she turned out to be an evil lying bitch who shit on my heart and left me to rot.... However even though that event almost destroyed me I picked myself back up and am a stronger person from the experience!
When I do get married I want it to truly be my soul mate. The woman I can look at every day and love them more and more. Someone I can grow old with. I keep hoping I'll find her. I won't settle for anything less than wonderful. I will be excited when I get my van paid off by 2012.....uhhh another painful lesson in life!
I feel kinda sad because I lost a really good friends friendship a little over a year ago. I recently found that alot of the information I was given was false and because of that I trusted these people were telling me the truth it has cost me a friendship. Lesson to be learned folks: Don't listen to bullshit gossip and speculation at your work place!!
This past year I have been doing a lot more with my artwork and trying to get it into the public eye. In 2011 I will be hitting up conventions and the such and try to get my face and name out to the masses! I'm also working on getting healthier and trying to lose weight. I want to be able to run with my daughter and have a great time.
Many friends have asked me why I don't become a karaoke host or kj as it's known in the field. The answer is is that unfortunetly most kj's are paid very little and most do it for side income or just the enjoyment of it. I do enjoy hosting from time to time for friends parties but I would have to make at least 150 bucks a night to make it worth my time and energy. Most bars locally won't shell that amount out. It's the reason a karaoke company such as Stallion Ent. can get so many gigs because they only charge bar owners 60-75 bucks a night. I could no way in hell do that! Guess what kids that 60-75 bucks I mentioned is for the owner Mr. Clean. The hosts he has will make 30 bucks if lucky! That's worse than minimum wage and it's goddamn pathetic!
I have some friends who host karaoke and run damn fine shows and I enjoy attending them. It's just not for me at this time. I have a daughter to support and a roof to keep over my head and those things aren't cheap by any means of the imagination as many of you know.
Well I think I've ranted long enough on this day :) Thank you to all who read my blogs and give me feedback

Cheers
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment