I really don't need to tell the masses that MySpace has become like the internet's red headed step-child; neglected and tossed aside like an old bag of moldy tangerines. Anyone who is anyone is now on either Facebook or Twitter or both. I am the later. I believe that the reason why Facebook is the new fave of internet goers is because of it's simplicity. Even an old biddy can make herself a Facebook page in a matter of minutes. MySpace would require you to do a bit more and if you wanted to "pimp your profile" you would have to have some HTML knowledge.
I personally liked MySpace more. I like to be able to customize the holy hell out of stuff, but then again I'm an artist so go figure! I still have a MySpace for my graphic art buisness, but that is it. Facebook is truly an American product because it goes along with our ten minute long attention spans. Facebook changes their format about once every two to three months. I don't know how many times now that I have fired up my pc and clicked on Facebook only to see everything has been switched around!
I have enjoyed being able to catch up with family and friends whom I haven't seen or can't see because of distance. That is a huge plus for Facebook. What I don't like, and this may be just me here, is that there is a box in the upper right corner of the screen which shows you people you may know. Almost every time I do this it always shows my ex girlfriend and her daughter on the page. I have nothing against my ex's daughter, I still think she is a wonderful child, but her mother is a goddamn nut whom I never ever want anything to do with again!
I should note that this is Karnam I'm talking about and not my child's mother!! Just to clarify here kids! Anyhow I wish you could edit this feature on Facebook or delete some of the people it suggests. If there is a way of doing this can someone please tell me how! Facebook also has a crap ton of I guess you would call them video games? Mafia Wars, Farmtown, Farmville, Youville,Pirates,etc.,etc.... All free but if you want to get to really high levels then you have to pay REAL money to do so!
I'm sure in a year or so there will be another community site that the masses will flock to and then Facebook will join MySpace in the abyss.
Cheers!!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment