Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wonder what my Earth 2 counterpart is doing right now?


Totally random title for a blog for a totally random blog!! Whoozah!! I haven't blogged for quite a while and am at home bored, so why not add my two cents on things to the ol' information super highway,eh? Here's I go......
I used to be a big wrestling fan starting as a kid and going well into my late twenties. I usually followed the WWF (now WWE). During the late 90's I would watch it probably three nights a week. After the year 2000 rolled around wrestling started to go on a downward spiral that it has yet to rise from. WWE owner Vince McMahon bought the competing wrestling leagues WCW and ECW and then shut them down. He later resurrected ECW but should have left it dead!
Now a days wrestling isn't so much wrestling anymore as it's a lot of bullshit filler and little actual wrestling. The wrestlers tell their story in the ring not in the locker room or a motel. Upstart wrestling fed TNA started off with tons of promise but they have just devolved into a WCW2 in my opinion. My feeling is that with mma (mixed martial arts to the laymen) becoming all the rage, that it has really taken away from not just pro wrestling but boxing view rates as well.
Now and again I will flip on to see what's happening in both WWE and TNA but I have yet to find it interesting enough to watch an entire 2 hour episode and that's saying something for me!
3-D has taken over the fantasy/sc-fi/horror genre! I for one am ready for the gimmick to end. There are the rare 3-D flicks,such as Avatar that were filmed with actual 3-D cameras and use the effect to its fullest and look amazing, however nine out of ten movies that come out with 3-D were done in post production and actually take away from the visuals and create nothing but blurring and eye aches aplenty. When you take the 3-D out of Avatar what you have is an average storyline, but still awesome ground breaking cgi!
2012 is going to be a great year to be a comic book fan and fantasy fan! We have the following super hero flicks coming in 2012:
- The Avengers
- Spider-Man (re-boot)
- Superman (re-boot)
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Ghost Rider 2
- Fantastic Four (re-boot)
- 300 part 2

On the fantasy end we have the most anticipated movie of the past couple years "The Hobbit" at christmas time! I am so damn excited about this movie and to return to the universe that Peter Jackson & Tolkien created once again!!
On many of my blogs over the past year plus I have been complaining that the karaoke scene in whatcom county has been god-awful, but things seem to be turning around and light appears to be at the end of the tunnel with the rockaroke sensation "The Uncanny Valley". The gents have been playing locally for a little over a year now and like a fine wine have been getting better and better with age. Now no they don't have 75,000 songs to choose from like some hosts, but what they do give you is a very unique experience to really be the lead of a band! The UV has a play list of over 150 songs that span many genres so everyone should be able to find at least one tune they can rock out to!
I attended a recent show of the UV at the Village Pub in Bellingham and the bar was asses and elbows! The song rotation was tipping the scales at 30 plus. I haven't seen these many singers in Bellingham for years! I applaud the Uncanny Valley for bringing great karaoke fun to town!! No drama or drugged out host-just four nice guys who love playing music and having you sing with them! :-)
I highly recommend going on Facebook and becoming a fan of the Uncanny Valley. You get updates as to where there playing next and you can also request a song you'd like to sing for next time- 9 times out of 10 they'll do it!
Well this has been fun putting down thoughts to digital paper :-D

Until next time kids- stay groovy!
Stephen




No comments:

Post a Comment