Hiya kids, it's your ol' pal Stephen writing about nothing again! Had some thoughts I wanted to put down to computer screen or is that up? Hmm?
This is America and filled with many people of various religions and cultures. What I don't like is certain Christian groups or individuals that say that Christianity is the definitive religion and those whom believe otherwise will go to hell. Wow, really guys? So a man or woman goes through life doing good things for other people in need yet because they may be Muslim/Buddhist/Atheist, that they deserve to go to hell? That does not sound something Jesus Christ would have approved of!
On the other side of the coin are Atheists who think that because people believe in religion or a higher power that they are idiots and are always wrong. I'm not saying all Atheists think this way. Most are decent people who just go along with their everyday lives, however there are some who mock people who believe in something greater than themselves. What harm are they causing? If a person leads a richer more fulfilling life from believing in God then I say more power to them. If a person believes that when we die we just die, then that's great if that works for them.
9/11/01 was a horribly sad day for America. Today was the ten year anniversary of that tragedy. Many people are mourning in their own ways or showing pride by displaying an American flag or wearing a NYFD t-shirt. What I hate seeing are tv shows that go into the conspiracy theories of the who/why/what of the event. Can't we just have a day of remembrance as opposed to crazy conspiracy nuts on talk radio saying that the event was caused by the Bush administration or aliens from outer space,etc... Give it a fucking rest already!!!
Star Wars is being released on Blu Ray and it's causing alot of controversy because Mr. Lucas has put it on himself to yet again tamper with the original trilogy. Why does he feel the need to do this? Well, I can tell you that money is the main reason, why else? Look I understand as a fellow artist that sometimes when you look back on an older piece of art that you know you can do much better now. You have more skills and better equipment. I would not however go and draw on an old piece of artwork and then put it out as a special edition! I personally don't understand why George Lucas won't give many fans what they want a re-release the original trilogy in its untampered form. No cgi or extra scenes with Boba Fett. Han shoots first! Just clean up the picture and redo the sound for THX standards and well be happy as a Rancor eating a fat Gammorean guard.
Ok kids the night grows old and I'm heading for bed
Until next time...
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment