So the Jet City Comic-Con has come and gone and unfortunetly for me it was a bust! I sold two prints for a whopping profit of $10! Considering my costs for gas to Seattle and back,convention fee,prints cost was totaling 170 plus dollars...yeah not very good, but I did meet some cool people and at least got my artwork looked at by hundreds of people. The convention attendance was farely low. I just think the economy is still taking a tole on people.
I have a couple commission pieces I am working on and have the first issue of my comic book done. Now I need to turn in the final draft to the print house and we're set. Issue 1 of "Diner Of The Dead" will be $10 and signed by myself and my partner Ben "1314" Hansen.
Speaking of "1314" , I don't do this often and toot other peoples horns(whoops does that sound bad?)but comic book artist Ben Hansen is a guy who has paid his dues and really deserves that big break in comics that some artists get to have. I've known Ben the better part of a decade and he has constantly been striving to improve and break into the business,which is by no means an easy thing to do! Ben has a great work ethic and is constantly at the art table or computer working on comics and single art pieces.
Ben is also one of those rare people that is always totally willing to help out fellow artists, whether it be teaching techniques in photoshop or showing them tips on panel layouts. He's not out for number one and looking to step on people along the way, far from it, he's a genuine great person and someone whom I consider to be one of my closest friends.
Ben has been published by comic publishers Bluewater,Moonstone,Arcana, and Dark Brain. If you go on the art page www.deviantart.com and type in 1314 then you will see Ben's vast diverse body of work.
Also a quick plug for my buddies the Knapp brothers aka whatcom county film makers extraordinaire! They have an indy film coming out soon, "Fantastic Stan Goes To Hell" you can see many of the trailers by hopping over to YouTube and entering in the above movie title. I have two roles in the film that is sure to become a local classic!
Many of you readers know that I have talked many,many times about online dating. Well I am happy to say that I am now one of those success stories because I am madly in love with a woman I met on a dating website a little while back. She was the first to send me a little flower and "Hello" in my inbox and it started from there. From our first phone conversation there was instant connection and shortly there after love! I have never felt so connected to a person in my life and she feels the same.
I have an aspiration to want to make a pro wrestling video game. If anyone has ever played the "Def Jam" wrestling games from the X-box/PS2 will know what kind of style I'm going for . I want to have the game set back in the hayday of "wrasslin"- the 1980's. The characters would be more comic book style looking and the music would be alot of 80's butt rock. The arenas would be full of personality as the wrestlers themselves. I would want a killer commentary from the ringside wrestling announcers. So many wrestling games have a bad to no commentary running through matches. I want to change that!
There would be a cast of 20 wrestlers, 6 tag teams, and 8 female wrestlers. I would have a huge amount of customization in the create a character mode. I would have a build a ring mode and a create your wrestling belt mode.
If anyone would be interested in colaborating , please let me know!
Cheers
Stephen
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment