Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Stephen Whitener's Mancave

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

karaoke hosting- I answer the questions!!

It's no secret that the state of karaoke in whatcom county is absolutely abysmal. The only shining light has been the rockaroke band "The Uncanny Valley", unfortunetly they only play once a month. Most of us karaoke enthusiasts look for a weekly craving. For the past year now I have had to journey to snohomish and king counties to find decent karaoke venues. I think that it's ridiculous that there is nothing good in whatcom or skagit counties!
Many friends keep asking me why don't I host a show? The answer is money. In order to have good system and legitimate discs is going to cost upwards of three to five thousand dollars. It's just money I don't have right now. I don't want to get a loan or borrow money because I want to try to invest in a home in the somewhat near future.
Another fact is that almost no bar in Bellingham wants karaoke anymore. Mr. Clean's fine business is responsible for that. I have two friends who are karaoke jockeys aka "kj's" who are experienced and have equipment, but the bar owners aren't having it. I want to know why? Are there dirty payoffs going on? Drugs? Probably both if you ask me or perhaps neither. I don't have the answers.
Finally I just don't have time to host karaoke! I work 40 hours a week at my day job and have my daughter on my days off. I also am busy lately with art commissions. I love drawing and want to make this my full time profession. Don't get me wrong karaoke is one of my fave hobbies, but I want to devote my time to my art.
So kids that is the size of it! Hopefully it will answer your questions.

Cheers,
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment